Real estate sales for housing in Atlanta and Decatur homes are brisk, with some properties selling before they are actively on the market. Homes in Decatur are at a particular premium and there is a reasonable explanation.
Decatur is a fun place to live – has excellent schools, and it’s own municipal services like first class Police and Fire Departments. In addition, the City of Decatur sponsors so many local events and festivals throughout the year, it’s hard to keep track of everything you could attend.
For example, the Decatur Arts Festival was held this past Memorial Day weekend and is a perennial favorite, drawing crowds from throughout the metropolitan Atlanta area. Lively entertainment, beautiful weather, and lovely exhibits combine to make this event especially successful.
Here are a few upcoming activities that are always interesting and fun to attend:
- Decatur Beach Party – June 20 – real sand enhances the beachy sensation and is popular with families
- Piped Piper Parade, Concert & Fireworks – July 4
- BBQ Blues & Bluegrass Festival – August 16 – held in Harmony Park in Oakhurst Village
- AJC Decatur Book Fest – August 29-31 (Labor Day Weekend)
- Wine Tasting Festival on the Square – November 8
- Holiday Candlelight Tour of Homes – December 5 & 6
Several more dates are worth saving on your calendar
- Blue Sky Concerts – September 3, 10, 17, 24
- Concerts on the Square – September 6, 13, 17, 20
Decatur has been voted one of the most walkable cities in the country. Come to Decatur for one of the many scheduled events and see why this small town is so popular.
If you are considering a move to this dynamic small city, please contact Atlanta Decatur Homes, a local real estate company serving buyers and sellers in the Atlanta, Decatur, Druid Hills and Emory University neighborhoods for over 25 years. We live in the area and would be honored to assist you in your search.