After a lackluster four years, home values in the Emory University area are finally going back up. While home prices in the Druid Hills and Fernbank School District are not yet in the pre-2008 selling range, they are getting better!
Sellers who anticipate selling this Spring or Summer can improve the length of time the property stays on the market and obtain a higher sales price by preparing early. Give yourself plenty of time to get things in the best possible condition.
You only get one chance to impress potential buyers so make the most of it! Here are a few suggestions that are often overlooked:
- Keep lawn mowed and edged
- Trim shrubs and weed flower beds
- Freshen front door and trim
- Showcase flowers near front entrance
Clean the Garage/Basement
- Clean out accumulation – old paint cans – excess lawn equipment
- Clean windows – inside and out
- Dust ceiling fans, including blades
- Check for plumbing leaks and drips
- Pull down the cobwebs
- Caulk around tub and shower
- Remove excess clutter from closets and attic
Ready for Showing
- Turn on lights and open drapes and curtains
- Make sure bathrooms and kitchen are spotless with no clutter on counters
- Make the beds and place fresh towels in bathrooms
- Turn off television
- Odors are offensive so clean pet beds and litter boxes
- Leave your home “ready to show” every day
Atlanta Decatur Homes is a local real estate company serving buyers and sellers in the Atlanta, Decatur and Emory area neighborhoods for over 25 years.